Once a domain name is deleted, it would generally slip into the Redemption Period ONLY under the following circumstances:
- manual deletion of the domain name by contacting Web4Africa Technical Support
- System deletion of domain name post Expiry of the Renewal Grace Period and the domain name does not have any backorder against it.
In all other cases, a deleted domain name cannot be Renewed/Restored/Redeemed.
Redeeming a domain name is costly, time-consuming and generally a manual process. The Redemption Period is generally 30 days after the domain name is deleted and during this period, only the current Registrar of the domain name can Redeem the domain name.
If the domain name is not Redeemed during this period, then it would move to the Pending Delete period for 5 days. In this status, the domain name cannot be Redeemed and after this period, the domain name would be available for fresh Registration.
- The Redemption Period for a .EU domain name is 40 days. Moreover, the Pending Delete period is not applicable to a .EU domain name. The domain name will be available for fresh Registration after 40 days from the date of Deletion.
- Any website/emails associated with a .UK domain name will stop resolving once the domain name Expires.
You may Renew your .UK domain name anytime from 6 months before its Expiry, up to 97 days after its Expiry. If you do not Renew your .UK domain name within 97 days after its Expiry, it would be automatically Deleted by the Registry.
It is important to note that there is no concept of a Redemption Grace Period in case of a .UK domain name.
- Third Level .COM/.NET/.ORG domain names under the extensions –
.EU.COM, .GB.COM, .AE.ORG, .KR.COM, .US.COM, .QC.COM, .DE.COM, .GB.NET, .NO.COM, .HU.COM, .JPN.COM, .UY.COM, .ZA.COM, .BR.COM,
.CN.COM, .SA.COM, .SE.COM, .SE.NET, .UK.COM, .UK.NET, .RU.COM
will have a Redemption Grace Period of 45 days.
- A .WS domain name will not be placed under Redemption Grace Period by the Registry upon Deletion. It will be made available for fresh Registration post Deletion. Hence, there is no possibility of Redeeming a .WS domain name.
- A .NAME domain name will not be placed under Redemption Grace Period by the Registry upon Deletion. It will be made available for fresh Registration post a Pending Delete period of 5 days, during which the domain name cannot be Redeemed.
- A .TEL domain name, if not redeemed during the 30 day Redemption Grace Period, would slip into a 5 day Pending Delete period. Post this, the domain name is placed on Delete Lockdown for 60 days and then would be made available for fresh Registration.
- The Redemption Period for a .CN domain name is 15 days. Moreover, a .CN domain name does not pass through a Pending Delete period. The domain name will be available for fresh Registration after 15 days from the date of Deletion.
I would like to know about the post expiry, redemption and pending delete period on .africa domains.
For .africa domains:
Renewal period – 5 days
Redemption Grace period – 5 days