As per the Whois Data Accuracy Specification introduced by Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers [ICANN] and effective from 1 January, 2014, every Registrar (including Web4Africa) is required to verify the email address of the Registrant contact for each gTLD domain name, within 15 days of:
- a domain name being registered with unverified Registrant Contact email address,
- a domain name being transferred in from another Registrar,
- the Registrant Contact being replaced by a Contact with an unverified email address,
- the email address of the Registrant Contact being modified to an unverified email address,
- an unverified email address being associated with a domain name, after the domain name is moved to another Account.
Accordingly, an email would be sent from the system to the Registrant Contact email address for verification, upon one of the above actions being performed.
If the Registrant Contact does not complete the verification process within 15 days, the domain name would be deactivated. It would then resolve to a page indicating the reason for the deactivation, along with instructions to activate the domain name.
This Domain Name is Suspended
The domain name you have entered is not available. It has been taken down because the email address of the domain holder (Registrant) has not been verified.
If you are the Registrant of this domain name, please contact your domain registration service provider to complete the verification and activate the domain name.
NOTE: It may take upto 48 hours after verification for the domain name to start resolving to its website again.
The domain name would be activated, once the verification has been completed.